Feeling SOOO Healthy!

Transformation Tuesday

Tom and I were featured in an e-mail blast from our gym, Fit Body Boot Camp.

It’s Transformation Tuesday and I wanted to introduce you to power couple, Tom and Danna Wong.

Tom-and-Dana.jpeg

“Tom and I paddle outrigger canoes, and during our race season we have to eat a LOT for fuel. 

HOWEVER..during the cold, off season, we get busy at work and have preferred to cuddle by the fire over staying active. We don’t modify our nutrition and caloric intake and the result is our annual winter 10 – 15 lbs. weight gain.

This past winter we both struggled emotionally. 

Yes, there was the tight and uncomfortable clothes, the muffin top, the round beer belly, the difficulty bending over to tie our shoes, the sluggish lazy afternoons, and the over dependence on caffeine and sugar to get through the day. 

These were all crazy things we accepted as part of our off-season of inactivity, but this year was different. 

We live very grateful lives for one another, our family, health,  home, and our careers, but still.. we were depressed. 

I was more emotional, insecure, and chose the easy way through everything. 

Tom was sad… really sad. 

The hardest thing was that he didn’t know why. I tried to encourage and cheer him up, but he was just not himself. 

He is my best friend, my partner, and my life mate so when he was sad.. I was sad!

I came across a fitness challenge on Facebook for Fit Body Boot Camp, and told Tom that it was NOT an option.. we were going! 

Something amazing happened INSTANTLY….Tom was out of his funk, and I was feeling mentally strong! 

We continued with the 4 week challenge, and were diligent in following the guidelines in it’s integrity. 

We supported each other, pushed each other, and celebrated tiny victories together. 

We meal planned, prepped, and experimented with all the new flavors our palets craved when the Cheetos and Oreos were no longer part of our vocabulary. 

As a certified french fry technician Tom was able to practice what he teaches, and create dishes with health and wellness as the focus. He is using different cooking techniques that allowed us not to sacrifice flavor in our  meals.

We fell in love with the gym. Coaches Debbie and Omar are friendly, fun, and motivating. 

The gym is clean, spacious, and full of cool equipment. 

The workouts are HARD and challenging, but DONE in 30 minutes.. 

…and we see personal improvements on exercises each day! 

One of the best parts of FBBC? 

The people. 

They are real! They are kind, genuine, and they struggle just like we do. Zero egos, zero pretenses. 

At the end of the challenge, we knew  that continuing at FBBC was an investment in ourselves, and now a way of life. 

We are happy, and feel STRONG both in the gym and in our daily lives. 

The bonus?  

The cherry on top, but certainly not our focus was loss of weight and inches, smaller clothes sizes, and muscle tone! 

We can’t thank everyone enough for being on this journey with us!”

​Wow, what an inspiring story!

Avoid the annual winter weight gain this year by getting started BEFORE the holiday.  Reply to this email for details.

Dedicated to Your Success,

Coach Laura